I've recently added a few products to my makeup bag that I'm currently loving, so I thought I'd share what the recent additions are, and why I'm so into them!
1. Makeup Bag ~ A cute makeup bag makes you smile every morning when you reach for it. This one is a really old one from Bath & Body Works, but Modcloth also has a ton of really adorable ones, like this bow and polka dot bag.
2. Rhonda Allison Growth Factor Serum Plus ~ Sometimes I feel like I'm hard on my skin (sorry skin!) and a little serum helps it feel more loved. I know what causes acne but even so we all get those bumps, so a nice serum is key.
3. Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Cleanser ~ This cleanser smells delicious and leaves my skin feeling smooth and looking bright.
4. MAC Angled Contour Brush ~ This silky-soft brush has been my go-to for the finishing touches on my makeup. I use it to swipe some highlighter under my eyes, across my forehead, and down the bridge of my nose; then I dip it in mineral bronzer and apply to my cheeks, side of my forehead, and jaw line, and then I dip the brush in my blush and apply to the apples of my cheeks.
5. Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Whitestrips ~ I'd imagine we'll be taking engagement photos sometime in the not too distant future, so I've started using Crest Whitestripes to brighten my smile. They're super easy to use, and after just a few times I can already see a difference. Can't wait to see the full results once I'm done using all the strips!
6. Epicuren Tea Tree Lip Balm ~ This lip balm is super hydrating, has a lovely, light scent and SPF to protect my lips against the sun when I'm out all day.
7. Benefit Stay Flawless Primer ~ This primer glides on smooth and has a slightly waxy (but light) texture and it helps my foundation stay in place all day long.
8. Arvazallia Argan Oil and Hydrating Argan Oil Mask ~ A few weeks ago Vidal Sassoon invited me in for a hair cut and I got to meet with their Senior Creative Director, Elizabeth Hartley. Although I hadn't gotten my ends trimmed in a good five months (embarrassing, I know), she was impressed with how little damage there was, and we agreed the secret was little to no blow drying, and Argan Oil. These Arvazallia oils and masks keep my ends healthy and moisturized.
9. MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in One to Watch ~ A great shade for defining the crease of your eyelid.
10. MAC lipstick in Freckletone ~ I'd never tried a nude lipstick before because I'd thought, what's the point? But after trying this MAC shade, I'm totally onboard with the nude thing. It adds just a touch of color and it's really flattering on all skin tones. It's easy to wear, especially when my outfit has a lot going on with color/accessories, and a bright red or pink shade might be overkill.
11. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish ~ This is hands down the best highlighter ever! I swipe a little on with the contour brush and every time I wear it people tell me I'm glowing.